I'd like to offer some tips for self-healing that you can do on your own at home, starting right now. Daily, routine practices that enhance and support the body's own self-healing mechanism are crucial to getting to the root cause of "problems" and delivering long lasting results. I'd like to share with you some of the best ways to support your body's own self-healing mechanism.
1. Sit quietly with yourself for just 5 minutes a day. I was gonna say "meditate" but that word tends to scare people away. It's important to "check in" with your body every day. What does it need? How does it feel? The answers to these questions are the healing. The intention of caring about yourself enough to sit and ask the questions in the first place is healing. Just asking and listening starts the healing process. • Sit alone in a quiet place comfortably, feeling only the presence and aliveness of your physical body. • Feel your breath through your throat, chest, belly... in and out.... keep letting thoughts go... keep breathing..... • When thoughts enter into your mind, no problem, just let them go. Then direct your focus back to your body. • Congratulations... you are meditating! Your experience will deepen with practice.
2. Focus on a sound in NATURE for 1-2 minutes a day. This is the easiest and one of the most powerful ways to give yourself a vibration/sound healing session. The tones that I use in my office are sacred healing musical scales... so are all of the sounds of nature. Wind blowing, waves crashing, water trickling, ducks quacking, trees rustling, birds singing, chipmunks chirping.... these are all healing sounds of nature. When you put your attention on one of these and just listen.... you are allowing the vibration of that natural tone to align your own personal vibration with nature. You can blend this practice with sitting quietly (above). You will see how quickly 1-5 minutes turns into 15, 20, 30...... or whatever works for you!
3. Look for only things you love throughout the day. What you "look for" shows up in your life. So look for what you want to show up! Before you get out of bed every morning say, "my intention today is to look for only things I love." If you don't like your job, then start looking for and listing all the things that you do like about it, even if there aren't many. You might like getting a paycheck, a coworker.... anything, no matter how small. You will start seeing more of these things you like showing up in your workplace, and then in your life.
4. Shift each negative thought to a positive one, continually all day long, every day - Whenever any negative thought enters your mind throughout the day, acknowledge it, let it go and replace it with a positive one. We all pretty much have a negative thought bias these days, but the key to attracting more positive experiences in your life is allowing a continuous cycle of dismissing the negative thoughts and replacing them with positive ones. Catch yourself throughout the day and even laugh at some of your silly negative thoughts. For more serious situations, I recommend an individual session to get you started (and sometimes for ongoing support, depending on the situation).
5. Gratitude - Take 2 minutes every morning right when you wake up and before you get out of bed to mentally or verbally list all the things you are grateful for. The comfy bed you're lying in, the loving animal companion lying beside you, your family, friends, etc.... whatever you can think of! This will start you out on the right foot each day. It can also shift negative thoughts such as worry or stress that may tend to surface as first morning thoughts.